Thursday, June 14, 2012

Big Old Silver and a Antique Thimble

The Sterling Thimble and 1912 UK Half Crown came from the same site

The Half Crown was pretty much as deep as the detector would pick it up with a VDI reading,I
almost gave up thinking it was large deep rusted iron,filled the hole back in after not being able to find anything with the pinpointer the first time.....I decided to rescan and it was still picking  up a feint high reading
so I dug again and after going slightly deeper than the length of the  pinpointer I found it :)

Must say I was quite happy that I listened to my gut feeling and kept going.

11 comments:

  1. Awesome lot of silver :)! I like the old thimble!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ash.....Pity it got so squished tho :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice silver again.
    I think you n Ash n Brett must have silver magnets on your coils.
    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris....Anybody want to swap my 'silver magnet' for a gold one :):)?

      Delete
  4. Wow! Wish I could find some silver like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of research and fails....but some success and silver along the way :)

      Delete
  5. Great, great finds.........and the 1/2 crown is a British pre 1920 stg silver to boot! Did you get all that silver at the same location? If so I'd be haunting that place...........gotta be a gold sovereign somewhere there for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what we are all dreaming about I'm sure hehehehe.Just gotta swing our coils over it like they say.

      Delete
  6. Thats a mighty fine halfcrown,all up a great collection of silver I would agree with Guy there could well be gold there....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You guys have just about convinced me to go back and search in zero disc mode....:):)

      Delete