Friday, April 12, 2013

Found the BIG DADDY of 9k Rings

Went out yesterday again for what was supposed to be a full days hunt,but my Scoop handle snapped cutting it short by half a day

Happy with the results for the half a day though
Here is the Silver for the day.



Verdict is still out on this one....cleaned up like Silver...?


And the Gold


And then out came....what I first thought was the top of a brass pipe due to the size
No distinctive marks on it,but I will go and inquire in the area where I found it to see if anyone lost a whopper like this

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks....you are doing really well yourself there I see :)

      Delete
  2. Another excellent result.Water Hunting was it?
    Sure is a whopper. Maybe worth getting it tested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi.It has a 9k gold mark I the inside,I just meant there is no personalised engravings on it :)

      Delete
  3. They probably had to remove it when they were in the water so they could surface - that thing is like a weight belt for the fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so impressed with those finds. And about the discards finding that gold ring. I've done that too , checking through my discards I have found an old brass gold weight and a couple of other cool things that I had thought were junk at first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tony...Thanks...Must say your finds are quite impressive as well.I like all the old and odd stuff you seem to dig up....would love to head down that way sometime to improve my collection of pre 1900 goodies :)....If I could figure out how to post the pics etc on Paydirt I would post there more often :)HH:)

      Delete