Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Nothing like a bit of Gold to cure the Monday Blues

I had 3 trips with no significant finds since my last post.... and I was beginning to think the Gold Fairy had deserted me.
So I tried a new spot on Monday and spent about 4hrs in the water
Dug about 200 targets of which just about half were pulltabs :((
Two goldies and a Silver made it worthwhile in the end
The shell casing is a .303 from 1942

And the goodies

Silver and a Junker
I have not zapped the Silver one,so the Junk looking one is .925 and the Silver one is Junk :-)

HH

7 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the Gold Fairy is alive as I too thought she was dead.
    Well done on the gold. 4 hours is a long time to be wet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, tell the Gold Fairy she has work here in Rotorua.... But then again I've been chickening out going into the water lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But you have hot springs and lakes ya wuss! :-)

      Delete
    2. I checked with the Fairy and she informed she quite likes my humble abode and will be staying indefinitely...I tried..Sorry Grant.

      Delete
  3. Ahh well, no worries. Just my typical luck with women.... :(
    Looks like I'm just going to have to throw on my wetsuit and brave a hot spring.

    Congrats on the gold by the way. Are they 9ct?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep,both 9ct...haven't found 18ct in a while...but hey there's always next time.Good Luck to you mate. :)

      Delete
  4. Great finds,maybe that gold fairy would like a holiday from the nz cold.Lots of promising beaches here in WA,problem is theres lots of competition.

    ReplyDelete